MediSave.ca is Moving!
MediSave is merging with our flagship website CanadaPharmacyOnline.com.
CPO provides the same prices for products from the same suppliers, the same outstanding customer service, but cheaper shipping for customers.
If you are an existing customer, your account will be transferred to CPO.
You can do the transfer your self by clicking Transfer to CPO
If you have questions, please call Medisave customer service at 1.877.888.3784. A customer service repesentitive will answer your questions and do the transfer for you.
Not an existing customer? It is a good oppertunity to open your account with us by clicking CanadaPharmacyOnline.com
Chemical Name: Alendronate
Fosamax Plus D Information:
This medicine is a bisphosphonate and vitamin D combination used to prevent and/or treat osteoporosis (weak bones) in certain patients,it is a tablet containing the two active substances, alendronate sodium trihydrate and vitamin D3. The active substances are alendronate sodium trihydrate and colecalciferol (vitamin D3). Each tablet contains 70 mg alendronic acid as alendronate sodium trihydrate and 70 micrograms (2800 IU) colecalciferol (vitamin D3).
Vitamin D is an essential nutrient, required for calcium absorption and healthy bones. The body can only absorb calcium properly from our food if it has enough vitamin D. Very few foods contain vitamin D. The main source is through exposure to summer sunlight, which makes vitamin D in our skin. As we get older our skin makes less vitamin D. Too little vitamin D may lead to bone loss and osteoporosis. Severe vitamin D deficiency may cause muscle weakness which can lead to falls and a greater risk of fractures.
DIRECTIONS: Take one Fosamax Plus D tablet once a week. Follow these instructions carefully to make sure you will benefit from Fosamax Plus D.
1) Choose the day of the week that best fits your schedule. Every week, take one Fosamax Plus D tablet on your chosen day. It is very important to follow instructions 2), 3), 4) and 5) to help the tablet reach your stomach quickly and help reduce the chance of irritating your gullet (oesophagus - the tube that connects your mouth with your stomach).
2) After getting up for the day and before taking any food, drink, or other medicine, swallow your Fosamax Plus D tablet with a full glass of water only (not mineral water) (not less than 200 ml or 7 fl. oz.). • Do not take with mineral water (still or sparkling). • Do not take with coffee or tea. • Do not take with juice or milk. Do not chew the tablet or allow it to dissolve in your mouth.
3) Do not lie down ? stay fully upright (sitting, standing or walking) ? for at least 30 minutes after swallowing the tablet. Do not lie down until after your first food of the day.
4) Do not take Fosamax Plus D at bedtime or before getting up for the day.
5) If you develop difficulty or pain upon swallowing, chest pain, or new or worsening heartburn, stop taking Fosamax Plus D and contact your doctor.
6) After swallowing your Fosamax Plus D tablet, wait at least 30 minutes before taking your first food, drink, or other medicine of the day, including antacids, calcium supplements and vitamins. Fosamax Plus Dis effective only if taken when your stomach is empty.
7) It is important that you continue taking Fosamax Plus D for as long as your doctor prescribes the medicine. Fosamax Plus Dcan treat your osteoporosis only if you continue to take the tablets. If you take more Fosamax Plus D than you should: If you take too many tablets by mistake, drink a full glass of milk and contact your doctor immediately. Do not make yourself vomit, and do not lie down.
Fosamax Plus D Side Effects:
Some common side effects that may occur are: abdominal pain; uncomfortable feeling in the stomach or belching after eating; constipation; full or bloated feeling in the stomach; diarrhoea; flatulence; heartburn; difficulty swallowing; pain upon swallowing; ulceration of the gullet (oesophagus - the tube that connects your mouth with your stomach) which can cause chest pain, heartburn or difficulty or pain upon swallowing, bone, muscle and/or joint pain or headaches.
The generic alternative is not manufactured by the company that makes the brand product.
All prices are in US dollars.ollars.
The content on this page has been supplied to MediSave.ca by an independent third party contracted to provide information for our website. MediSave.ca relies on these third parties to create and maintain this information and cannot guarantee the medical efficacy, accuracy or reliability of the information that has been provided to us. If you require any advice or information about the drugs on this page, a medical condition or treatment advice, you should always speak to a health professional. Please note that not all products, including any referenced in this page, are shipped by our affiliated Canadian Pharmacy. We affiliate with other dispensaries that ship product to our customers from the following jurisdictions: Canada, Singapore, New Zealand, Turkey, Mauritius, India, and United Kingdom. The items in your order maybe shipped from any of the above jurisdictions. The products are sourced from various countries as well as those listed above. Rest assured, we only affiliate with our authorized dispensaries that procure product through reliable sources.
Back to Main Drug Information Page